Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods detailed in our quotation (Goods) by the buyer (You) from Salon Depot Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 7982166 whose registered office is at 28 West Street, Dunstable, Beds LU6 1TA (we or us).
- These Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you when you accept them or the quotation or from the date of any delivery of the Goods (whichever happens earlier) and will constitute agreement between us and you.
- These Terms and Conditions and the quotation (together, the Contract) apply to the purchase and sale of any Goods between us and you, to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- A “business day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday.
- The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
- Words imparting the singular number include the plural and vice-versa.
- The description of the Goods is set out in our sales documentation, unless expressly changed in our quotation. In accepting the quotation you acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, promise or other representations about the Goods by us. Descriptions of the Goods set out in our sales documentation are intended as a guide only.
- We can make any changes to the specification of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable safety or other statutory or regulatory requirements.
- The price (Price) of the Goods is set out in our quotation current at the date of your order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- If the cost of the Goods to us increases due to any factor beyond our control including, but not limited to, material costs, labour costs, alteration of exchange rates or duties, or changes to delivery rates, we can increase the Price prior to delivery.
- Any increase in the Price under the clause above will only take place after we have told you about it.
- You may be entitled to discounts. Any and all discounts will be at our discretion.
- The Price is exclusive of fees for packaging and transportation/delivery.
Cancellation and Alteration
- Details of the Goods as described in the clause above (Goods) and set out in our sales documentation are subject to alteration without notice and are not a contractual offer to sell the Goods which is capable of acceptance.
- The quotation (including any non-standard price negotiated in accordance with the clause on Price (above)) is valid for a period of one day only from the date shown in it unless expressly withdrawn by us at an earlier time.
- Either of us can cancel the order for any reason prior to your acceptance (or rejection) of the quotation.
18. We will invoice you for the Price either:
a. Before, on or at any time after delivery of the Goods; or
b. Where the Goods are to be collected by you or where you wrongfully do not take delivery of the Goods, at any time after we have notified you that the Goods are ready for collection or we have tried to deliver them.
- You must pay the price within one day of the date of our invoice or otherwise according to any credit terms agreed between us.
- You must make payment even if delivery has not taken place and/or that title in the Goods has not passed to you.
- If you do not pay within the period set out above, we will suspend any further deliveries to you and without limiting anyof our other rights or remedies for statutory interest, charge you interest at the rate of 4% per annum above the baserate of the Bank Of England from time to time on the amount outstanding until you pay in full.
- All payments must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
- Both parties must pay all amounts due under these Terms and Conditions in full without any deduction or withholdingexcept as required by law and neither party is entitled to assert any credit, set-0ff or counterclaim against the other in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
- We will arrange delivery of the Goods to the address specified in the quotation, or your order or to another location we agree in writing.
- If you do not specify a delivery address or if we both agree, you must collect the Goods from our premises.
- Subject to the specific terms of any special delivery service, delivery can take place at any time of the day and must beaccepted at any time between 8am to 8pm.
- If you do not take delivery of the goods we may, at our discretion and without prejudice to any other rights:
- Store or arrange for the storage of the Goods and will charge you for all associated costs and expenses including, but not limited to, transportation, storage and insurance; and/or
- Make arrangements for the redelivery of the Goods and will charge you for the costs of such redelivery; and/or
- After 10 business days, resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Goods and charge you for any shortfallbelow the price of the Goods.
- If redelivery is not possible as set out above, you must collect the Goods from our premises and will be notified of this.We can charge you for all associated costs including, but not limited to, storage and insurance.
- Anydatesquotedfordeliveryareapproximateonly,andthetimeofdeliveryisnotoftheessence.Wewillnotbeliablefor any delay in delivery of the Goods that is caused by a circumstance beyond our control or your failure to provide uswith adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods.
- We can deliver the goods by instalments, which will be invoiced and paid for separately. Each instalment is a separatecontract. Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment will not entitle you to cancel any other instalment.
Inspection and Acceptance of Goods
- If you identify any damages or shortages, you must inform us within two days of delivery, providing details.
- Other than by agreement, we will only accept returned Goods if we are satisfied that those Goods are defective and ifrequired, have carried out an inspection.
- Subject to your compliance with this clause and/or our agreement, you may return the Goods and we will, asappropriate, repair, or replace, or refund the Goods or part of them.
- We will be under no liability or further obligation in relation to the Goods if:
- If you fail to provide notice as set above; and/or
- You make any further use of such Goods after giving notice under the clause above relating to damages andshortages; and/or
- The defect arises because you did not follow our oral or written instructions about the storage, commissioning,installation, use and maintenance of the Goods; and/or
- The defect arises from normal wear and tear of the Goods; and/or
- The defect arises from the misuse or alteration of the Goods, negligence, wilful damage or any other act byyou, your employees or agents or any third parties.
- You bear the risk and cost of returning the Goods.
- Refunds for the Goods will be at our discretion and will only be made on current line goods returned in a clean and re-
saleable condition, with all price labels/stickers removed. A handling fee of 15% will be charged on all returned goods
that are in a re-saleable condition. This fee will not apply to damaged goods and incorrect delivery goods. Refunds will
not be made if goods have been defaced, unclean or opened.
Risk and Title
- The risk in the Goods will pass to you on completion of delivery.
- Title to the Goods will not pass to you until we have received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for: (a) theGoods and/or (b) any other goods or services that we have supplied to you in respect of which payment has becomedue.
- Until title to the Goods has passed to you, you must (a) hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as our bailee; and /or (b)store the goods separately and not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods; and/or (c) keep the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price from the date of delivery.
- As long as the Goods have not been resold, or irreversibly incorporated into another product, and without limiting any other right or remedy we may have, we can at any time ask you to deliver up the Goods and, if you fail to do so promptly, enter any of your premises or of any third party where the Goods are stored in order to recover them.
44. We can terminate the sale of Goods under the contract where:
- You commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
- You are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become the subject of a bankruptcy order or takeadvantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtors;
- You enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme orarrangement is made with your creditors; or
- You convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver,manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part thereof, any documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in para 14 of Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986), a resolution is passed or petition presented to any court for the winding up of your affairs or for the granting of an administration order, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.
Limitation of Liability
- OurliabilityundertheContract,andinbreachofstatutoryduty,andintort,misrepresentationorotherwisewillbe limited to this clause.
- Subject to the clauses above on Inspection and Acceptance and Risk and Title, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law (save for those implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If we do not deliver the Goods, our liability is limited, subject to the clause below, to the costs and expenses incurred by you in obtaining replacement goods of similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the Goods.
- Our total liability will not, in any circumstances, exceed the total amount of the Price payable by you.
- We will not be liable (whether caused by our employees, agents otherwise) in connection with the Goods, for:
- Any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses; and/or
- Any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill;business interruption; or, other third party claims; and/or
- Any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonablecontrol; and/or
- Any losses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or breach by you in relation to you obligations; and/or
e. Any loss relating to the choice of the Goods and how they will meet your purpose or the use by you of the Goods supplies.
50. Theexclusionsofliabilitycontainedwithinthisclausewillnotexcludeorlimitourliabilityfordeathorpersonalinjury caused by our negligence; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or limit our liability; and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or a duly authorised officer of that party).
- When delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (including registered mail) during the normalbusiness hours of the recipient;
- When sent, if transmitted by fax or email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated;
- On the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
- On the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address, email address or fax number notified to the other party.
Circumstances Beyond the Control or Either Party
54. Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
55. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
56. If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that/those provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable).
Law and Jurisdiction
57. These Terms and Conditions are governed by interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.